Haile's Funeral Home was started in the 1920's under the name of a business firm known as Champion and Haile, which was founded on October 25, 1923. On January 1, 1929 Richard H. Haile, Sr. bought the interest of Champion, and renamed the business to Haile's Funeral Home.
In the early 1930's the first establishment was located on Broad Street in Camden, South Carolina. It was known as one of the most modern for offering hearse and ambulance equipment services as a feature for the business. In the 1940's a branch office was opened on Timrod Road in Bethune, South Carolina. Prompt and efficient service was rendered day and night for many miles throughout neighboring counties for many years. Many families placed their confidence in Richard H. Haile, Sr. due to his yeas of training, services rendered, and the careful attention he provided to comfort the bereaved families. He served families for many years and later the the business was entrusted to son Richard H. Haile, Jr. who marked the second generation.
The busniess was operated under the direction of Richard Haile, Jr. and his wife Bessie Pickett Haile, daughter of Camden first black physician Dr. John Pickett, M.D. In 1958 Richard Haile built a new funeral home located on the corner of Church and Rutledge Streets in Camden, South Carolina. The establishment became know as "Camden's most newest, most modern and most beautiful funeral home" in the county.